Monday, July 2, 2012

Sabbath Time

I will continue to offer an occasional post while away on sabbatical. 


Yesterday, my computers were turned off until I needed a recipe to assist with supper.  In the future, Sunday will be a day when I take a complete break from technology. 

Had a good ride yesterday to Steeplegate Mall before church.  The old bicycle I bought with lawn mowing money back in the 70's still has some life left in it.  Feels good to get out and move.

My reading includes Saving Jesus from the Church by Robin Meyers.  There is some challenge there for one who has become accustomed to a particular way of interpreting the ancient texts.  Am I open to thinking a new thought?

I am also reading the Revelation to John.  The One who meets me in these texts offers grace, peace, and perepctive for this season of rest:  "Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come."  God is present, past, and future.  God is present no matter what.

--gms

No comments:

Post a Comment