Monday, April 9, 2012

I Wonder . . .

In the yard a magnolia tree prepares to bloom.  I always appreciate the color of spring flowers after the barren grayness of winter.  In a week or so, the tree will likely be in full bloom with petals exposed to the elements that would quickly destroy--wind and rain.  Then will come the raking of shriveled brown petals strewn all about beneath the tree.  The flowering time is so very short.  Yet, each spring the little tree goes through the cycle.  In a way, the rest of the year prepares for this one moment of brilliant color.
I have come to see that life is not about longevity or holding on--but trusting God to bring out the buds and the blossoms, to splash some color against the backdrop of grayness if but for a moment. Nothing is to be gained from clinging tightly to past memories of springtime's splendor. Now is the time for new blooming, for sharing joy, and celebrating life.

And so, I wonder . . . who needs to glimpse the Easter life, the Risen One, the beauty that is alive in you and in me today? 

I wonder . . . who needs a word of encouragement?

I wonder . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment